High phosphorus and zinc balanced formula for new lawns or as a reinforcement application before winter or early spring to strengthen the root system.
1. Mow the lawn: If the grass is tall enough to reach the bottom of the spreader, then cut the grass before starting the application.
2. Calibrate fertilizer equipment.
3. Fill the spreader: Pour the product into the hopper while maintaining the spreader on firm and even floor.
4. Product application: Apply 4 lb for each 1000 sq ft every 6 to 8 weeks.
a. Drop application. Apply header strips first; cover the whole area back and forth until you reach a header strip. Make sure spreader wheel completely overlaps previous wheel marks.
b. Broadcast application. Apply header strips first, then apply product in longest direction of lawn; each pass should be within 5 feet from each other to ensure an overlap. Don’t over apply header strips.
5. Add water: For best results, irrigate half inch of water covering the whole fertilized area.